This Italian sister lettuce of Lollo Rossa is refreshingly crisp with a perfect round head of frilly leaves. Harvest the singular leaves as you need them or in its entirety. Holds well in warm climate.
Growing Lollo Lettuce
- Sow seeds directly in your garden patch or in seedling starters.
- If sowing directly in your garden patch, create a row and sow seeds about 0.5cm deep. Cover with a thin layer of soil.
- Use well-draining soil for growing - a good potting soil mixed with sand is a good start.
- Germination takes 3-5 days. Thin extra seedlings once plant starts to grow as overcrowding can lead to root rot.
- Fertilise with organic fertiliser like vermicompost or meal bone after seedling stage to promote growth.
- Harvest after 50-60 days.
- To harvest, pick outer leaves allowing new centre leaves to continue growing. This lettuce can also be harvested whole.
Seed Type: Non-GMO, non-treated
Always place your unused seeds in an air tight container and store in a cool, dry place like the chiller section of your refrigerator.
Delivery is free via private courier service for all orders above S$60. For orders below S$60, a standard delivery fee of S$5 will apply. Please allow 2-3 working days for delivery.