offers delicious stems and leaves that can be eaten like spinach and is a healthy and nutritious grain. This is an edible that is easy to grow and is perfect for growing in Singapore's tropical climate.
Growing Red Amaranth
- Amaranth seeds are very tiny. Sow seeds directly or in seedling starters. If sowing directly, sow about 10cm apart.
- Use well-draining soil for growing - a good potting soil mixed with sand is a good start.
- Germination is quick, you should see germination occur 3-5 days after sowing.
- Fertilise with organic fertiliser like vermicompost or meal bone after seedling stage to promote growth.
- Harvest after 30-45 days when stems are about 30-40cm tall with branch leaves. To harvest, either pick the leaves or pull the whole stem and root out. If the former, your spinach will continue to grow.
Seed Type: Non-GMO, non-treated
Delivery is free via private courier service for all orders above S$70. For orders below S$70, a standard delivery fee of S$6.5 will apply. Please allow 2-3 working days for delivery.